When you want your skin to look your best, laser treatments are one option you should definitely consider. While there are several types of laser treatments, they all operate based on the same principle: a laser—a concentrated light beam—is directed at certain areas of your skin (this can include your face, hands, etc.) in order to treat certain conditions or aesthetic problems. Whether you’re looking for skin rejuvenation or help with acne, laser treatment may be able to help.
At the Skin Cancer and Cosmetic Surgery Center of NJ, we use two types of laser treatments, both administered in our state-of-the-art Edison, New Jersey, facility: IPL and resurfacing. Each treatment has its own benefits, as detailed below. Dr. Adriana Lombardi has over seven years of experience working in dermatology. She will consult with you and help you determine if laser treatment is suitable for your needs and if so, which treatment will give you the best results.
IPL laser treatment targets problem areas ranging from redness, rosacea, birthmarks, stretch marks, lentigos, to sun damage. During the treatment, a concentrated light beam is converted into heat that is then directed at the skin to help destroy damaged cells, thereby helping to heal everything from spider veins to rosacea. You’re likely to need three sessions but will be able to see visible results after the very first session.
Benefits of IPL treatment:
- Treatment takes approximately 20 minutes
- Minimal downtime
- People typically return to work the same day
- Results are often visible after one treatment
- Can stimulate collagen growth, helping to give skin a smoother, more hydrated appearance
- Treats more than one condition, making the most of your time
- Pore size is visibly reduced and skin texture is improved, as is facial redness such as rosacea
- Skin looks like it’s fresh and glowing
Laser resurfacing uses a concentrated beam of light to help tighten skin and heal damage. Our resurfacing laser uses non-ablating erbium YAG technology significantly stimulates collagen growth (helping fine lines, wrinkles, or scarring) without giving you much downtime.
Benefits of Laser Resurfacing treatment:
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, acne scarring, etc.
- Rejuvenates skin so it’s tighter, smoother, and more radiant
- Downtime is usually no more than a day, after which you can return to work
- Penetrates deep in the dermis, stimulating collagen growth without disrupting much of the epidermis
- While results take a while to show, since skin has to heal, they’re well worth the wait!